September 5 - 12, 2020
DIVING INTO ENVIRONMENTAL RESEARCH
iverMojo has an exceptional opportunity to visit the northern tip of Tobago with the Environmental Research Institute of Charlotteville (ERIC).
Located in the traditional fishing village of Charlotteville, Tobago (Republic of Trinidad and Tobago), ERIC works toward a goal of environmental sustainability for the people and ecosystems of North East Tobago.
Spanning from ridge to reef, ERIC employs community-based integration management and education to restore and to protect all ecosystems.
Alongside the institute, the ERIC Dive Centre offers dive training, coral reef ecology, survey & monitoring training, and dive excursions & expeditions with marine biologists for environmentally conscientious divers.
During this week we will do the following:
Accommodations & Meals
We will stay in basic rooms with fans and have three meals a day that are fish, chicken and vegetarian based. Special dietary requirements are catered with ease. It is possible to upgrade to air-conditioned rooms.
We can anticipate about 13 dives during the week, and one night boat dive.
These will be a mixture of science dives and fun dives.
• Take a Discover Reef Check Course and perform reef check dives
• Learn about and work in the coral nursery
• Complete the PADI Project Aware Coral Reef Conservation Course
• Learn about and conduct sea turtle monitoring dives
• Set Baited Remote Underwater Video (BURV) to watch shark and ray videos
• Have fun day and night dives in the beautiful waters of North East Tobago